[Healeys] Windscreen wiper problem

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:04:11 MDT 2012

Hi all

I have a problem with the drivers side wiper (RHD). Passenger wiper works
fine but the drivers side doesn't move in it's arc. I removed the wiper and
taped a cable tie to the spindle and it proscribes its correct arc. The
problem appears to be the resistance of the wiper on the screen is
overpowering part of the system. I was able to determine that it was not
the spindle slipping inside of the base of the wiper arm so the problem
must be in the wheel box, which may need replacing. I am in the process of
removing the rack. I have unscrewed the connecting ring at the motor but
that does not rease the cable. Is that held in place by screw or bolt or
something/

Derek