[Healeys] BJ8 VINs on the shock tower

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri Aug 3 05:43:01 MDT 2012

And--I had new towers added to my BJ8 and they don't have numbers on them.

tom
---- Chris Dimmock <austin.healey at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hi Steve,
We've had this conversation before, but for the record, my RHD BJ8 doesn't
have the chassis number stamped on the LHD shock tower.
It is stamped in an entirely different location.
;-)
I'll send you a pic separately.
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 03/08/2012, at 3:10 AM, "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers at ec.rr.com> wrote:

> Hello, Healeyphiles -
>
> Are there any members on the list who have original RHD cars and have found
> the VIN stamped into the right front shock absorber mounting tower?  This
is
> where the number is (in theory) on LHD cars, but I don't have any examples
> of such for RHD and don't know for sure that RHD cars had them.  I say "in
> theory" because many LHD cars have been verified not to any visible number
> in that location.
>
> Thanks, and Happy Healeying!
>
> Steve Byers
> HBJ8L/36666