[Healeys] RM Auction Monterey - 3 Healeys for sale

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:34:21 MDT 2012

Listers,

Tom Rocke is a friend who brings several cars (usually Austin Healeys) to
Monterrey every year for the auctions, usually RM.  Tom does his cars his
way since he's taking the risk at auction and he seems to know what sells.
Even Kurt Tanner has gone to non standard paint and interior color
schemes.  Most of the big money at these auctions wouldn't know a Concours
Healey if it ran over them but they know what they like and will pay for it
if necessary.  To some of these folks, spending an extra $50K to get the
car they want doesn't phase them.  All they'll see is a Factory 100M and
they like the color scheme.  For restorers like Tanner and Rocke to build
the cars to Concours standards would mean less money in their pocket at the
end of the auction.

That being said, Tom builds a nice driving car they're just not Concours
correct.  I don't loose sleep over it.  FWIW.

Cheers,

Curt
Concours Chairman