[Healeys] Cork washers for king pins, front springs install.

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 28 22:41:32 MDT 2012

I recommend using treaded rod the same diameter as the bolts which I
think are 9/16". My parts manual shows the bolts but the part number
listing is not in it. I have made this repair a few times and every
time it has been very difficult to get all four bolt holes centered
properly. I believe it is because I have been using 3/8" rod.
However, it could be that I cinched up the plate unevenly from side to side.

You can get "O" rings to replace the cork ones. The cork ones can
blow out very easily if you pump to much grease into the fitting.

John