[Healeys] Spitting---------more info

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Apr 23 08:16:41 MDT 2012

I have checked all I can think of electrically that could cause the "spitting"/missing, and have just about come to the conclusion that it is not electrical.

I have pulled the carb float chamber covers and there is ample fuel in both.

Could it possible be some crud in the bottom of the float chamber or something in the passageway leading to the jet assy that is restricting fuel?  I don't want to pull these off unless I have to, but I'm at a total impass as to what this could be.

Am I right to conclude it is not the Pertronix?  My understanding is that if the Per goes, it really goes---car shuts off, so it wouldn't be a slow dying process for it??

What are your thoughts---fuel starvation--and if so----where---maybe as I mentioned above??

Thanks for all your comments.

tom