[Healeys] HD8 adjustment

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Sat Apr 7 19:13:49 MDT 2012

it is imperative to assure that the ignition timing is at the factory
recommended setting ( I think 6 degrees on a 6 cyl healey) then there should
be no problem achieving the 650-750rpm (guessing again)factory idle speed.
The HD8 carbs use an air bleed screw to set the idle speed. The other are
merely stops to keep the butterflies from sticking in the shut position. The
low idle speed corresponds with the distributors curve.
 If the idle is still too high then the mixture is likely a little too rich.
dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107