[Healeys] Victoria British fuel pump query

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 14 10:04:31 MDT 2011

Alex:

That pump looks identical to the 'Moprod' branded pump that I have been
using successfully in both the BT7 and the BJ8 for many years.  There might
be a very slight bit of tweaking to get the fuel line banjo fittings lined
up to the sockets on the pump, but it's pretty well a replacement fit.  The
pump can be hooked up either POS or NEG ground.  The white flat ring seals
supplied with the pump are far better than the original fibre washers - I
think that they are a relatively soft neoprene.

If you do it, just slightly past hand tight is the way to go - you're
threading the banjo bolts into plastic!  They don't seem to leak at all, in
my experience.

Definitely worth a try.

Where in Maine are you?

Earl Kagna