[Healeys] Bad running due to ethanol in gas?

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sun Sep 4 08:54:29 MDT 2011

Bob,
I wasn't intending to pass my assertion off as "science". Wanted to put it out in front of the group and see if anyone else feels like they're experiencing the same issue.

I've been having these problems for maybe three months and have a hunch about the gas. This may be wrong and I'll figure it out after a while.

I followed up on my hunch by purchasing the test kit ($30 approx). I'm now going to embark on a program of testing the fuels I buy at different stations. Different grades, too.

It would be useful information if some other drivers would test their gas, find a similar percentage of ethanol, and report whether their cars are running differently.
--
Steve Gerow
BN6