[Healeys] BN2 overdrive driving me nuts

José Vicente Vargas jvvmusme at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 21:01:31 MDT 2011

1. mechanichaly it is fine. If I get under the car and pull the lever the
overdrive engages fine.

2. Do the cables (white with purple and white with
green) that go in the throtle switch have an specific order ?
Which one goes
on top and which one goes on bottom ?

3. If I do the test with a lamp as
described on the manual I get the exact opposite results of the manual... when
the light shoul go off it tuns on and when it should be on it turns off.

4.
having the car on stands with the engine off if I engage 4th or 3 th gear,
when accelarate a little and I turn on the overdrive switch on the dashboard I
can hear the solenoid engaging and I see the lever moving.

5. Same as point #
4 but with the engine running and the damm overdrive will not work.

6. the
solenoid is new, the throtle switch is new, the relay is new.

7. Is there a
way to test the overdrive relay ?

All ideas are welcomed including the ones
like insuring the car and burning it or throwing it down a cliff

Thanks

very dissapointed Jose ....

Josi Vicente Vargas
Musmi