[Healeys] Cam shaft

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Mon Oct 31 18:21:04 MST 2011

I suspect John that the BJ8 grind that you had done has brought the back of
the lobes down to the shaft and there is no more lobe that can be removed
to produce the BJ8 lift.
You can have each of the 12 lobes built up with weld than ground back to
spec, find and other pre BJ8 cam and have it ground to BJ8 specs, some
Wolseley and Austin Westminster cams can also be used (be careful to get
the correct cam and oil pump gears), or buy a new BJ8 cam from one of the
usual suspects.
In my experiance building up lobes costs about $50 per lobe so if they are
all worn it can get a bit expensive..
Once you have your new cam be VERY careful to use the correct oil..
This is worth reviewing.http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=49

Michael Salter