[Healeys] Jule Frame

Martin Jansen jule_enterprisesah at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 13:13:09 MDT 2011

Hi Rick,
Your question about the difficulty re Jule vs Kilmartin. the process for both
is similar. the advantage to the Jule chassis provides an advantage in that
the structural members are stronger. You do not have to per-load the chassis
with engine and passenger weights.Our chassis maintains the structural
integrity during the build process therefore allowing us to put more heat into
the welds for better penetration unlike other products. As you know, welds
with proper penetration will pull and quench. Our chassis will withstand these
stresses better. The original chassis welds were often cold welds and fewer
welds.
I mention this because as you install the chassis you will be welding new
parts onto this chassis. There is a lot of welding involved. I have seen many
cars come into my shop where the parts can be just pulled off because the
welds had neither heat or penetration.
Although our chassis does not look like the Kilmartin chassis it is
dimensionally correct meaning the fitting of panels will be no different. A
difference may occur depending on how much heat you introduce through welding
on the weaker chassis.
It has been our experience that our customers who have sold their cars with a
Jule frame have received 15-20% higher than one restored on original chassis-
better handling and lack of scuttle shake- quality and durability have always
been the mark of true value. As well as providing less stress to exterior body
panels and running components. The chassis is the key most factor in an
automobile.that is where the money is. We have customers entering their 25th
and 26th year on our product with no structural failures to date.

Happy Healeying,   Marty  www.jule-enterprises.com