[Healeys] bn

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Oct 28 15:09:51 MDT 2011

Yeah, according to the code definitions my 1275 Midget should be GGN instead
of GAN.  The codes changed over time, and evidence from documenting BJ8 data
proves to me that these changes weren't always done in any strict consistent
manner. Some early cars got late number formats, and some late one got the
earlier format, and some got a mixture of both early and late.  The lists
like those below are useful, but are not 100% reality.

A couple years ago, someone provided a strange VIN plate to me for
identification.  It was obviously a BMC plate and as much as we could make
out from the available data it was from an Austin sedan; but we couldn't
completely make the VIN match up with any list of codes available.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA