[Healeys] Me & My Wolseley-- Thanks:

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:41:16 MDT 2011

Hey Walt, was that the $200 Wolsley on eBay? If so, glad it went to a
good Healey home!!
Not sure about the rear shock valves, as my Healey is a BJ8, which has
the larger ( like MGB) rear shocks, and I can't remember which rear
shocks that model Wolsley has?
Generally speaking, a heavier sedan which has the same appearance
shock as a Healey has the heavier 'competition' valving. The heavier
the car, the more uprated the valving.
The engine should be fine if it's only done 38,000 miles, it will
probably have a standard size crank that may only need a linish and
standard bores that may only need a light hone.
What head has it got? The log integral manifold type, or the Healey 12
port type?
Have fun pulling it apart!
Best
Chris