[Healeys] Healey Vintage Racing at Spa

Paul Baker paulbaker52 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 12:56:02 MDT 2011

The background to this clip is that Marc (Campfield) had to start at the back
of the grid due to mechanical problems in qualifying.  It was a one hour race
and at the start he would have had about 120 litres of fuel on board but he
would have been keen to get past the back markers.  As you can tell Marc is a
very talented young driver in his father's 3000 that is also raced in our UK
based Healeysport race series.  He was also racing on Dunlop L section tyres
which would explain the amount of movement at the rear of the car and his
gearbox would be a Healey box with either a 'Tulip' or more likely 'Sebring'
gearset .

The interesting part is that he filmed this by taping his iphone
to the windscreen, which presumably explains why it stopped at 18 minutes.

For info -  other 3000, that was hit by the E type, was driven by Chris
Clarkson, who also takes part in our series.

Cheers
Paul