[Healeys] carb lifting pin

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Mon Oct 17 19:20:50 MDT 2011

Here's the way it works, IMO... what is important is what changes are heard
in the first second or two.. it speeds up or dies or nothing at all.
 The throttle butterfly is in a fixed position so when the piston is lifted
the airflow across the jet head is "disrupted" or kills the velocity might
be better. (probably a better word out there, but my dog just bit a
neighbor's dog and I'm a bit distracted). So if it picks up slightly it is a
little rich or lean if it slows.
 As I mentioned last week, it's better to err on the rich side for the
reasons mentioned then.
 I'm heading in to the couch or the animal control center soon, so I may not
be able to defend my explanation till later...
dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107