[Healeys] carb lifting pin

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 17:12:55 MDT 2011

There's an inexpensive SU tuning kit that is little more than a couple plastic tubes you stick in the inner part of the vacuum piston, and a couple of bent wires you stick in the tubes (there's also a handy jet-centering 'tool;' it's almost worth buying the kit just for that).

Anyway, you put the tubes in the vacuum pistons then set the wires in so they point exactly to each other. Then, when you lift the pin you can see the wire rise; the wire is about 1/32" thick so when it rises one of its widths you're close.

Yes, the pin goes up a ways before it contacts the base of the vacuum piston.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA