[Healeys] Distributor cap orientation

Stephen Hutchings s.hutchings at rogers.com
Sun Oct 16 15:07:47 MDT 2011

Oh, I realise that it doesn't matter, in the working of the
distributor- that's why I re-wired the cap to give me more room for
the timing adjustent... I just wondered if this was an oddball cap,
or whether they arbitrarily made them both ways 'round.
Stephen

The distributor cap doesn't care how it's oriented. It's just a
function of where the wires are placed. The standard orientation was
determined by the manufacturer to provide the right clearances
through the normal range of adjustment and to provide a standard
layout for production. Unless it's a concours car it shouldn't matter.

Bill Lawrence