[Healeys] Fuel Mixture

Peter & Veronica greylinn at ozemail.com.au
Tue Oct 11 02:30:25 MDT 2011

Hi Keith

With unleaded fuel, plug colour isn't the good indicator of mixture it was
with leaded fuel. If the carb tune is OK (lift the piston 1/32", if engine
speeds up it's rich, if it wants to stall it's weak, if it speeds up
momentarily & then settles back it's OK) the don't worry about it.

My advice is give it a good run at speed on the highway eg to  the Pierce's
this weekend. Better still, let me loose in it at Lakeside again!

Cheers

Peter