[Healeys] Fuel Mixture

Austin Healey pajtamuvek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:36:22 MDT 2011

I set my BN4 with a wide band oxigen sensor, where I could track the mixture
under all driving conditons. I found that my engine would only run good on
rich mixture. Much richer than the stochiometric ratio. I tried everithing
to adjust the mixture weaker like new needles, springs, different fuel
levels, ignition timing etc, with no use. My carbs are completely rebuilt
units. I concluded with a richer mixture, and the car is running fine with
smooth idle and instant rev pickup. Soo I had to accept this richer mixture
as appropriet.
Sparks look normal after a run, but if I let it idle for longer, they get
darker.

Gergo