[Healeys] Accelerator Pedal Cross Shaft

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Oct 8 01:06:51 MDT 2011

G'day

Sydney in the spring and it's raining of course.

I have just removed the brake, clutch and accelerator pedals from the BN3.
It's a normal RHD 100 arrangement with the brake/clutch pedals pivoting on a
shaft, but the clutch is hydraulic. The accelerator pedal is also standard,
but I am curious about the fasteners holding the accelerator cross shaft to
the driver's floor.

There are two brackets that the accelerator shaft passes through and each of
these is attached to the floor by three brass straight slot screws, brass
washers, shakeproof washers and brass nuts.

You wouldn't know what's original with my car, but I am wondering if the
brass fasteners are original on standard four-cylinder cars?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia