[Healeys] numbers

Mike Sinclair phoenix722 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 18:15:40 MDT 2011

OK.  On the right side of the block, top surface, above the distributor, there
is a machined spot with two holes; looks like a good place for a number tag,
but nothing there now.  Rich's picture shows it exactly.  But if, as you say,
the engine number on a BN2 is the same as the chassis number, that is good,
because it is what I used for the title.

On the RH firewall are two plates, one with the chassis number, BN2L 231987,
the other with two numbers:

13519
5820

which I assume are the batch and body numbers (which is which?).
And, what is the definition of the batch number?

Is this enough information to determine the date of manufacture?

Can someone explain to me (or tell me where to look on the web) about the
Heritage Trust?

Enough questions for now.  As for the brakes, I have it back together, but am
experiencing some back pain from something, and not in the mood to go crawling
underneath to bleed the lines.  It will keep.

Someone suggested I contact the previous owner, but this would be difficult,
as I have owned the car since 1968, and have no idea who I bought it from.

Mike
BN2