[Healeys] Cam shoe rod sticking

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Mon Nov 21 20:55:52 MST 2011

OMG! If you are referring to the shaft that acts on the jet (Housing
assembly) and if that, which I've never had reason to take apart in over 45
years due to wear has got to take the award for finding the most obscure
leather bushing in automotive history! I've been dumping them in the most
caustic carb cleaner brews for years and have never noticed any leather??
..or ill effects from doing so. What on earth caused the one Mel saw
refurbished to fail? That has to be a story in and of itself
dp

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107