[Healeys] Ruff running, bucking car

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:07:56 MST 2011

Don't know about chokes on early cars like this, but I have had a
problem with the cam shoe and rod on my BJ8 wherein the rod was all
but frozen in place so that when you pushed in the choke knob you did
not actually release the choke. As a result I was running very rich
and a hot engine was very hard to start and ran rough. It was drowning
in fuel. Found that and things got much better. At least for a while,
but that will be a different thread to follow.

Bob Johnson
BJ8