[Healeys] connecting rod bolts

Healey Bruce healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 21 09:15:11 MST 2011

This thread made me recall when I tore my engine down in 2004 because I
suspected a bad main bearing from a poor rebuild when the car was restored
prior to being purchased by the previous owner.  Not only did I find bad
bearings (the crank pulley was about 10/1,000s out of round), but the nuts
on the rod bolts were tack welded to the caps!

Bruce
Brea, CA
1960 BN7