[Healeys] old oil for an old car?

BOB BENISEK rbeni3000 at wowway.com
Tue Nov 8 14:44:31 MST 2011

In the May issue of Road & Track's Tech Advice Q&A section someone asked about
the shelf life of conventional and synthetic motor oil . There answer was,
"Our short answer is multiple decades for both types of oil, but when dealing
with longterm questions such as yours, manufacturers won't give an absolute
answer because they haven't done any formal testing over such long time spans,
and they don't have control or confidence in how the product was stored (the
proverbial cool, dark, place)."