[Healeys] Conclaves

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Mon May 30 18:42:52 MDT 2011

In a message dated 5/30/11 1:48:55 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Hmmm, I don't think so. Conclave appears to be a term associated with
> annual gatherings of Order of The Arrow Lodges. From a Google search:
>
> "Conclaves
> Each year the local Order of the Arrow Section holds an annual conclave

I can say for absolutely sure that Chuck Anderson selected the term
Conclave for the AHCA annual gatherings from his experience in the Boy Scouts
because he told me so, with a group of equally old-guard folks (e.g. Walt Blanck)
in attendence, all of whom nodded in agreement. (And I doubt seriously if
Chuck would even have known what a papal gathering of bishops would have been
called, anyhow.)
And that's the truth.
Gary