[Healeys] A "real" Healey? I think not.

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Thu May 26 19:42:50 MDT 2011

In a message dated 5/26/11 6:15:48 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> Per,
>
> I think you are correct, it does look like one of the HMC cars.  There
> were a
> couple of UK firms trying to do "continuation" Healeys in the late '80s.
> early
> '90s,  They've never moved me, though.    The Healey was long in the tooth
> when it met its demise in the late 60s.  Any attempts to drag it into a
> later
> decade just seems wrong to me.
>
> Rick

Amazing how you can tell a big lie with a little truth. From what I can
remember, there was a proposal by an independent company to make a car with
the
Healey name, around a Rover V8 -- something that was tried at least four
times that I recall. Geoff Healey was involved during the time that his
consultancy claimed ownership of the Healey name to the extent that he was
willing
to lend his name (frankly, those folks were in challenging economic
circumstances and willing to sell the name to anyone with money . The use of
the
name was challenged by Jensen, the company ran out of money, and nothing ever
came of it.
To suggest that somehow this was a real Healey is so wrong.
Gary