[Healeys] Cluth M/C

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri May 20 18:35:56 MDT 2011

A while back I asked the List for advice on some greasy crud seeping out around my clutch M/C boot.  Thought I'd report
the results.

I pulled the M/C and determined the crud was just some grease that had been applied by the manufacturer to lubricate
where the pushrod pushes against the piston (at least one person suggested this possibility).  The inside of the
cylinder showed some wear and the pushrod holes were a bit elongated so I decided to replace it.  The new M/C has some
grease in the same place.

You old pros know this, but the M/C came with instructions to bench bleed, so I did.   This made the bleeding process
much easier and more effective.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net