[Healeys] Chrome type

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Mar 13 12:55:14 MST 2011

The electroplating process resists entering pits and small cavities.
Therefore the usual method of repairing pitted castings, etc. is that each
individual pit must be drilled out clean and then filled with silver solder
and buffed. Then the usual copper, nickel chrome stages are applied. Of
course a casting with many pits is going to be very expensive to process, as
drilling and repairing each pit will be very time consuming.

Rich Chrysler