[Healeys] Seat belt webbing

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Mar 1 06:44:27 MST 2011

Interesting thread--I never thought about age limits on seat belts.

IIRC, the original/stock belts--they have the BMC stickers but could be dealer additions--in my BJ8 are secured with a
bolt through the floor pans, a big flat washer and a nut.  I always assumed the bolt would pull through or the pan would
buckle before the webbing or stitching gave out.  Reminds me of the people who bolt massive 'roll bars'--the
manufacturers call them 'light bars,' probably because they don't want the liability--to sheetmetal pickup beds.  My
take is if you're not fastening these 'safety' items to some serious metal--like a real chassis--they're mostly for
appearances.

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net