[Healeys] Question

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 20:58:18 MDT 2011

After bragging about our 100M's compression numbers I have a concern. We seem to be getting a lot of pulsed pressure in the valve cover, as felt at the oil filler hole. There is very little pressure at the end of the road draft tube. Given we have good compression, so, theoretically shouldn't have a lot of blow-by, what could cause pressure in the valve cover? The engine was totally rebuilt, and I believe we cleaned out the road draft tube but don't remember for sure (we were otherwise pretty careful).

All hints, ideas, even knowledge welcome.

TIA,
Bob