[Healeys] Exact position of 'Staple' for spare wheel retaining strap

J. Scott Morris jstmorris at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 14:50:11 MDT 2011

Hi Derek;  The email exchange below from my files may be of some help.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada             - Keep Smiling, Murphy
Lives

Spare Tire Strap Chrome Staple

To: <healeys at autox.team.net>, "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg at nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Spare Tire Strap Chrome Staple
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed at harbornet.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:56:27 -0700
Mick,  It is 5" from centerline of the car to center of first hole which is
3/4" in from the rear edge.  The center of the second hole is approx. 5/8" in
from the rear edge (so that a line between the 2 holes is parallel to the back
of the boot).
--Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma