[Healeys] Judging Guidelines for Jensen Healeys

Jody Kerr jodyfkerr at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 11:02:59 MDT 2011

John,

I have heard of Bruce but have never had the opportunity to meet him.
>From what I understand he's an interesting character.

My original question was two pronged with the first being basic
curiosity. I was muddling through whether is was even feasible to try
to do a "factory" restoration when many of the parts are NLA. That's
when the question about concours popped into my head.

But then I started thinking further on the subject in regards to the
Healey clubs. The JH has always been treated as bit of a ginger headed
cousin by the greater AH community. It was one of those cars that
people might only acknowledge if forced. What then got me to thinking
was whether we might draw a younger crowd with those cars as they are,
unlike the big healey, very affordable. They also aren't so old as the
Sprites which I, at 37, barely remember from my youth.

I suppose it would be a matter of direction. Most other british clubs
have vehicles that were built up until the 80's (e.g. Triumph Spitfire
& MGB) and so they have, as a corrolary, a much wider audience of
interested members. Understandably, they are much more rare than their
peers, and there won't be as many knowledgable folks, but at the same
time you can build a screamer of a car out of the JH for far less than
a comparable MG or Triumph.

I remember when a frog-eye was the cheap entry into AH ownership.
Those days have long passed.perhaps we should look to widen appealby
better embracing the JH.

Just a thought.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/They-Might-Be-Racing/182813478411202<--Follow

1953 Studebaker Champion            1960 Austin Healey 3000 (BT7L/5479)
1974 Jensen Healey MKII (14291)   1974 Jensen Healey MKII (18854)
1978 Triumph Spitfire (Mum's)         1981 Triumph TR8

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination
to do so."
--Douglas Adams