[Healeys] Non Healey: 73 MGB value?

Peter Schauss rpschauss at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 12:08:53 MDT 2011

Having restored an MG myself, I would warn you that if you can see
rust in the doglegs there is probably rust hidden in the sills as
well.  Did you check the sills and the other doglegs for bondo with a
refrigerator magnet?

Peter Schauss
1963 BJ7
1980 MGB

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM,  <m.brouillette at comcast.net> wrote:
> Guys,
>
>      There are enough non Healey owners on our list so I thought I'd ask a
question.  I have the opportunity to pickup a 73 MGB in pretty good condition.
 It will need a fuel pump, and a tuneup, body looks good other than 1 dogleg
and metal seems to be solid.  I know it's a general question I'm asking, but
what would a saleable 73 MGB (probably a 3+ car) get in today's market in the
states (New England based)?  Any anyone know someone looking for such a car?