[Healeys] Door escutcheon fitting

robert westcott 55healey at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 11:20:23 MDT 2011

If it is like the pins on my Jag MK1 handle I would just taper the end
of a piece of appropriate size welding rod (shaped like the original
sized pin).
File a groove at the correct length of the pin (to weaken it at that
place) push in the paneling to expose the hole in the handle using the
length of the rod as a handle, insert the tapered end into the hole.
Once it is set in place you can just bend the wire to snap off your
tapered pin at the weakened spot and your pin will be secured in place.

Rob Westcott