[Healeys] Gearbox dismantling and assembly instructional video

Robert Bender rbender1 at berkshire.rr.com
Wed Jul 20 15:06:05 MDT 2011

Magnus,

Where was this video when I tore my BN-2 tranny apart 20 years ago??

I collected any and all articles I could before diving in.

It really went quite well and was trouble free for about ten years.

Then the syncros got worn and made down shifting less fun.

A couple of years ago, I took it out again and put some high end syncros in
that are supposed

To last longer. That, along with the BJ-8 clutch I installed, should have
made life good again.

Unfortunately, I still get a grind if downshifting too quickly. Do you think
that could

Be attributed to the MT-90 that I'm using instead of 30 wt non-detergent?
Maybe it's making

Things a little too slippery for things to grab?

What's your opinion?

The video is top notch and may give people the confidence to give it a go.

You do make it look easy!

Bob Bender