[Healeys] Towing advice

Skip Saunders tfsbj7 at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 9 08:46:16 MDT 2011

In fact, securing the chassis puts less stress on the shocks because the car
does not bounce anywhere near as much as it does if the wheels alone are
secured.   But, the issue of "overheating" anything is arguing about angels
dancing on pin heads.... the car is designed to go over bumps.    (I've done
it both ways for long trips, and I can tell you that either way does work
out ok.... but the bouncing car with wheels secured to the trailer floor is
noticeable in the tow vehicle when the trailer goes over bumps.)