[Healeys] Compression ratio for a fast road 100

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Thu Jan 13 23:21:58 MST 2011

Patrick
You are correct that using the bucket lifters were reported in a US magazine
decades ago.  I hope my earlier post

did not incorrectly infer that "Andy" originated the idea but only that this
info was passed on to the Welsh's by him. Again my understanding of the
events.
Aloha
Perry

Patrick wrote:

If my memory serves me correct(iffy these days), there was an old '55 or '56
ag that had modifications for a 100 to make it faster and more reliable. One
f those mods was the use of push rods and lifters from a "GM" engine. Maybe
uick? The push rods and lifters were lighter allowing for higher revs. The
ods had a larger surface which mated to the lifters which made the engine
uieter.
 may dig out the old magazine someday(sooner if someone graces my bank
ccount with an obscene amount of money). and post the article and/or give it
o Simms for his website.
atrick