[Healeys] Dry Fuel Pump

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 10:22:02 MST 2011

As crazy as it sounds, try blowing hard into the gas filler tube then turn on
the ignition and see if it pumps. Open the line to the carbs and watch for
fuel. If not, it may be a cracked fuel pump diaphram.
Rich Kahn

> From: linwoodrose at mac.com
> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 09:52:12 -0500
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Dry Fuel Pump
>
> Hi Folks,
> Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
>
> I neglected my Bugeye (too long since I started it - yes, I know better!),
and now when the ignition is switched on the SU pump clicks like crazy, but it
is not drawing fuel. Tank is almost full, so I am not out of gas!

> I am wondering if I need to somehow prime the pump to get it going. If so,
what is the recommended procedure. Alternatively, do I have another problem?
New pump required? It is a solid state SU pump, not points. I replaced the
mechanical pump original to the Bugeye long ago.