[Healeys] Dry Fuel Pump

Linwood H Rose linwoodrose at mac.com
Fri Dec 23 07:52:12 MST 2011

Hi Folks,
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I neglected my Bugeye (too long since I started it - yes, I know better!), and now when the ignition is switched on the SU pump clicks like crazy, but it is not drawing fuel. Tank is almost full, so I am not out of gas!

I am wondering if I need to somehow prime the pump to get it going. If so, what is the recommended procedure. Alternatively, do I have another problem? New pump required? It is a solid state SU pump, not points. I replaced the mechanical pump original to the Bugeye long ago.

Thanks for your thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated.

Lin

Lin Rose
1959 AN5 Bugeye - pure driving enjoyment, go-kart with a body.
1960 BT7 "The Bloody Beast" - owned since 1971, my first car and still have it!
1964 Jag MKII - current project