[Healeys] Steering column outer tube replacment - help

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 19:29:27 MST 2011

I need some advise about replacing a damaged outer steering column tube. I
have some new 4130 tubing, .059" wall thickness - same size as original. It
appears to me that the tubing is soldered into the steering box. Has anyone
replaced this tube? Any tips or suggestions on making this a smooth fix will
be greatly appreciated. I have sweated many copper plumbing joints together
quite nicely, but this job is a bit more challenging.

Richard Mayor
BN7L-466  Vintage Racer
Portland, Oregon