[Healeys] Powerless BJ8

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:58:47 MDT 2011

Starting to close in on it. Some years ago, for reasons that I don't
recall at the moment (must have been something I read here), I
installed a fuse in the brown wire between the solenoid and the
regulator, which is now just a terminal box, fuse is/was Buss fuse AGC
30A. It is blown. I have no idea why I used 30A, probably  just
figured that something would have to be really wrong to blow it. Now
that the car is neg grd and using an alternator, what amperage fuse,
or should  I not even use one because of the extra wire between the
alt and the solenoid that then connects to the brown wire?

Have tried all of the other suggestions so far, but just found this
fuse and wondered, "hmmm, that could be a break in the brn circuit?"
Shazam???

Bob Johnson
BJ8