[Healeys] Factory Hardtop

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Sun Aug 7 14:11:32 MDT 2011

I assume you are referring to a roadster hardtop & not a convertible hardtop.
Attached is a drawing of the seals between the rear shroud & the aluminum
extrusion on the rear of the hardtop. This drawing is for a BN6 & BN7 only. In
theory, the hardtop sits on or is supported by the thick neoprene pads. These
pads do not extend all the way around the rear of the hard top. There are two
pads & they are only Approximately 6" -8" long and are located near the two
hardtop locating pins. On BN6 & BN7 hardtops there is an inside & an outside
weather seal (as shown on the attached drawing) that extends all the way
around the back of the hardtop & is visible from both the inside & outside.
They fill the gap between the shroud & the aluminum hardtop extrusion, but are
not intended to support the weight of the top. The BN4, BT7 hardtop is
similar, except instead a separate inside & outside seal they only have one
seal which is "U" shaped. I believe the outside flap of the "U" is longer than
the inside flap of the "U". I also believe that the flaps are visible on the
outside & inside of the BN4 & BT7.Also, the parts book does provide some
clarity to this.
Trying to describe this has convinced me that I would not make it as a
technical writer.
Yes, I know the drawing was stripped from the list.
Gary Hodson