[Healeys] Original Unrestored 100M

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 01:52:46 MDT 2011

Got to agree with Josef on this one.

There really is very little special about a 100M, a few bits from the parts
bin, it's a totally different animal to the 100S. The other concern I have
is that today's market is driven by investors not enthusiasts. People with
spare cash have nowhere to put it to secure a decent return so they have
turned to classic cars. They will often buy anything that a Classic Car
Investment Advisor (aka car dealer) tells them to.

Far too much is being of the 'Factory' aspect of the 100M. It's a BN2 with a
few extra bits and pieces that had already been made widely available to
customers at an earlier date by the same manufacturer/dealer.

When investors move elsewhere the prices will fall as Healey enthusiasts
will not pay 150,000- 200,000 for a 100M. Im still staggered to think anyone
would when you consider the range of very desirable classics you can get for
that sort of money.

Derek