[Healeys] Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for Big Healeys

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 30 14:52:51 MDT 2011

According to the fuel-testers.com site, California requires a label on the
pump for ethanol presence.  I stopped by my nearest gas station which
recently converted from a USA station to a Shell station.  There was a label
on the pump that stated that the gasoline MAY contain ethanol.  No
percentage given.  For further information, I was to check at the station
office.  The clerk had no idea whether there was ethanol in the gasoline or
not.  The only brochure he was able to provide concerned Shell's nitrogen
enriched gasoline.

Since I use the least expensive 87 octane gasoline I can find, further
research will be required.  I have only driven my car 52,719 miles since its
one and only engine rebuild in 1992 so I will need to put a few more miles
on it before I tear it down to see if any damage has been done as a result
of my poor choices.   ;-)

I don't think performance has been affected.  At the 2002 International Meet
at South Lake Tahoe, I was only two seconds slower than the class winner in
the Autocross and in the quarter mile speed run, three 3000 MK IIIs were
faster, all at 70 MPH.  My speed was 69 MPH.  I'm sure it was due to a
missed shift - or something.    ;-)   ;-)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031