[Healeys] Ratchet Spanners

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 09:15:33 MDT 2011

Patrick -

A few thoughts on these -

Get the gearwrench or craftsman brand.

I prefer the flat profile spanner vs the ones with an angled/offset
head or a flexible offset/angle head.  The flat profile works best
when you are ratcheting back and forth, with an offset it can be
difficult to keep the tool on the bolt head when ratcheting back and
forth.

The stubby tool is especially nice to use in tight spots once the nut
is broken loose.

If ordering from craftsman, also get their SAE stubby standard wrench
set too (ie the standard non ratcheting spanner set), very nice tool
with thin box end that can get into all sorts of tight spots.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device