[Healeys] County parts

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Thu Apr 28 16:15:54 MDT 2011

<< In this instance I would bet that the problem is with the
installation or something else (oil pump) rather than the bearings. >>

My very FIRST [ 1st ] thought was the same as David's & Bob's;
"installation", "clearance(s) [ or lack thereof] ]" , bad "grind" job,
etc., etc. !!!

<< Bearings today are run off a machine that is far more accurate and
consistent than the machinery of 50 years ago, and the materials are far
more consistent as well. >>

My information from a VERY high up Purchaser at Moss is that County
bearings ARE Made by Israelis [who by nature, are VERY fussy &
VERY accurate].  From the ones I have either met or had dealings
with, I would HAVE to agree !!

Like David, I have either DONE motors  [ and other 'parts' ]or sold
parts for re-builds and have had ZERO problems !!

Alan, the racers I know ALL tear-down their motors after EVERY
"race meet" even if they have only competed ONCE for "the meet" !!

Ed
1]  Please visit MY site at:               www.justbrits.com
2]  Please visit Frank C.'s site at:   www.spritenut.com
    Article(s) and/or pictures REQUESTED !