[Healeys] Inline fuses

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 10:49:20 MDT 2011

But ... you've lost your super high-tech, state-of-the-art (in 1940) 'anti-theft protection.' The white/black wire grounds the coil primary when the (original) cutoff switch is in the 'OFF' position, preventing the car from starting even if the ignition switch is hot-wired and the car push-started (unless the thief is smart enough to pop the bonnet and disconnect/cut the white/black wire from the coil).

Why didn't you just tap the brake light circuits that already run through the boot for your third light?

Bob

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

If I had an unrestored car, with an old wire harness I would certainly check
all of the wiring
that travels under the car , along the frame areas. My White and black
wire coming from the
cut off switch in the trunk had grounded out under the car from some POs
incident. Also my
red wires going to the head light switch were fried from a short in that
circuit.

FWIW, I now use that white and black wire that runs to the trunk for my
third brake light. Its
already in the wire loom and sure eliminates the hassle of running a new
wire. I use a new
"green twist knob battery cut off switch" to make life a hole lot easier.

Mark