[Healeys] BN2 Original Owners Handbook, NOT

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:33:58 MDT 2011

Listers,

Hopefully, no one is bidding on this BN2 *REPRODUCTION* owners handbook.
Especially when you can buy the same reprint new for less than $25.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Austin-Healey-100-owners-handbook-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c1ae08e24QQitemZ120710008356QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

Here is the message I sent to the seller...

*Hi,

I hope that you will print this, but this is NOT an original Austin Healey
100 (BN2) owners handbook, but rather common reproduction (reprint of the
Dec. 1955 BN2 manual) that shows some wear. These are available new and in
perfect condition daily on eBay. To your credit, these are accurate
reproductions, however not perfect reproductions. The difference is that on
the original cover, the wings on the bottom are all gold and the Austin
Healey script is red.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Chairman, Austin Healey Concours Committee *

If anyone would like to see pictures of original owners handbooks, I have
five of the six handbooks for the BN1/2, all in excellent condition, with
two being NOS.  The only one I'm missing is the first one, No. 996 from
1953.  Anyone have one for sale?

Curt