[Healeys] Leaking rear carb

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:38:03 MDT 2011

Scott -

I just looked at your video and saw the leak.  That probably is a leaking
diaphragm, not a leaky float chamber.

Replacing the diaphragm is pretty easy, 10 min to take the carbs out and
another 10 min to replace the diaphragm.  If you get the full rebuild kit,
then you can use the excuse to clean and rebuild the carb, it's a simple
procedure provided you leave the jet centering nut alone.

If you're in a rush, I'm sure there is some local LBC friend of yours who
will have one of these diaphragms sitting around that you can borrow.  I
always keep an old used spare in my kit, it's so easy to replace it is far
cheaper to fix this on the fly than pay for wasted fuel.

Alan